To all students that completed the foundation phase:
I urge you to be part of the monthly challenge to motivate you and guide you into looking for interesting subject matters. This is not compulsory but will be beneficial to your art journey! If you are busy with a painting of your own choice, it will be advisable to fit this project into your schedule for the month. You can do this over and above the painting you work on. If this will not be your primary project for the month, then choose the easiest medium you are comfortable with... Enjoy!
Let's start 2020 with new hope.
1. Paint a lighthouse, either in the sea, or on land
2. Choose anything related to a ship at sea, for example an anchor, or a ship steering wheel
3. a Ship in stormy weather....the choice is yours!
WHO ARE YOU?
1. Paint who YOU are. not a family member
2. Could be a happy painting with a girl twirling her hair in the wind
3. Perhaps where you run on the beach
4. Are you clasping your legs in a fetal position?
This is importart that when you look at the subject matter, you need to associate yourself with it. We don't want you to take a photo of yourself.... we want you to paint the "feeling"
1. Let's do some fur.
2. Only country in the world with the big five
3. Capture some character of the animal, and not just the animal.
1. Focus on a wave with detailed foam
2. You may add a "splash" rock for composition
3. May add people on the beach or objects like a beach ball or bucket
STILL LIFE PAINTING/DRAWING
1. a nice classic set of books for a office
2. a candle with grapes on the table, cherries or a silver teapot
3. Cheese and wine platter
1. a Piano with a rose or music/note sheet
2. a Conductor with a violin
1. What does time mean to you.
2. It could be a clock with different photos on representing the time of day
3. a huge painting/abstract with a Rolex watch painted on
4. Or an hourglass running out or falling over and not moving sand around
1. Let's paint a bunch of flowers that will never die
2. Challenge yourself with different varieties of flowers
3. a huge painting makes a great impact in each house
3. Couple dancing
FAVOURITE PLACE of 2020
1. Think about a place that means something to you, could be your bedroom/house
2. Choose a travel experience like Zimbali or New York
3. You have to show PERSPECTIVE drawing and it should be a place...not needed to add people
Missed classes (by you) can not be redeemed, exchanged or refunded or made up.
No classes will be given on public holidays, they are however exchangeable.
No person may accompany you to class.
Please stay in the time-slot allocated to you.
Kids are treated as adults and need to adhere to the studio rules.
No food or drink inside Mugg & Bean.
Please take special note that you pay for 12 months on a 11 month art calendar.
The fees is kept low to accommodate for school holidays in December.
The studio will only be closed during the December holidays according to public school calendar.